Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Popcorn Ceiling

I am thinking about taking the popcorn ceiling down while Randy is out of town for a few days. Do I really want to tackle that mess? Would I like a flat ceiling? Yes!!!! But what a mess. Lately I have been thinking I do not want to put too much effort into things. In the past I would think nothing of hosting a large gathering on the spur of the moment. Now I do not want to even think about it. Even hosting the Survivor dinner gets a little much for me. Not the actual work just the "too much". Not sure what it all means. Perhaps it is my expectations I put on myself. We had some friends (just 2) over for a early Sunday dinner a few weeks ago and it was just right. Very relaxing, good conversation, a couple of belly laughs. Just right. No expectation of being more. Relaxing not hurried. It is the hurried part that gets to me. I find as I am getting older I want to savor moments, not being in such a rush. When entertaining I want more then the checklist: dinner - check, show/game/visit - check, out the door - check. I like to linger, who says as soon as the meal is done the table must be cleared, dishwasher loaded, counters wiped down. What has happened to staying in the moment? And what does this have with popcorn ceilings you ask?

Peace Out

3 comments:

sfendley said...

Whoo, hoo, Cimi, I made your blog, (well, anonymously). I've never been on anybody's blog before (anonymously). Love You!

Sheree said...

because if you do the popcorn ceiling then you are to savoring the moment of having the dogs all to yourself while husband is out of town, savor! Ride with us on friday to bonnies for survivor?

Sheree said...

that would be not instead of to savoring