Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Cleaner

The season finale of "The Cleaner" on A & E was on Tuesday night. It was well written and well acted. I really really like this show. In my opinion it is the best show to come on TV in some time. The season finale brought together some of the people William (Benjamin Bratt) & crew have tried to help over the season. Some have remained sober, some not and some died. Just like real life. Whoopi was also in it (the second time this season), she plays William's former sponsor. I like Whoopi, I wish she would act more. In a scene with William's wife Whoopi talks that just not William was the addict in their relationship so therefore he was not the only one celebrating his "sober" birthday. It was a lot of food for thought. Whoopi also pointed out to William that the people around him needed to celebrate his birthday, it gives recovering addicts hope for their own sobriety. Not all people think they "need" the meetings but other recovering folks need to hear and share with people in long time sobriety. In other words as in child rearing it does indeed take a village. As I said food for thought.

Peace Out

No comments: