Peace Out
Sunday, January 31, 2010
New beginnings and such
I spent last Wednesday with Erinn at the florist she has chosen for the big day. It made it real, very real, more so then shopping for her gown. She is getting married on December 11, 2010. She really is. I am not ready (emotionally). Will I be ready? Not so sure. The end of my career as a SAHM is really going to be over. I realize motherhood takes on different roles as your children grow. I am so lucky I have wonderful daughters. Actually luck played a hand but mostly it was hard work. Time consuming, emotionally consuming, tons of patience, eyes in the back of the head hard work. I have been able to look at my girls honestly, have seen their finest qualities and their few flaws. I believe we are friends today because of this. I pray they never had one moment of doubt concerning their place in my heart. For their whole lives I have told them "you are my favorite" and they are. Each one for different reasons and those reasons have multiplied as they have grown into women. And now Erinn will be embarking on her new adventure with Andrew, she will be creating her own family. At times I wonder what my place in that new family will be. Frankly it scares me a little. Erinn and I have something special, she is my surprise, she is my "yes children are allowed to have feelings" daughter. My co-sleeper child. My princess child. My cheerleader (in so many ways) Words cannot express how joyful I feel that she is marrying Andrew, her best friend. And yet......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe she's getting married either! I have to remind myself that she's not a little girl all the time! :)
You've done a great job in raising all of us - now you get to reap the rewards of all your hard work - you are more than our mom, you are our trusted friend!! I know I speak for both of my sisters when I say this. Our lives are a better place for having you as our mom. Through the ups, downs, and all arounds - you (& Dad) are our constants. Our rocks. Enjoy this next transition & phase - I think it must be amazing (and make you & Dad SO proud) to see your daughters as strong, happy, healthy women leading their lives and bringing you along for the journey. The relationship we each have with you is very different, yet very similar at it's core. It's pretty amazing if you ask me :) I love you Mom. Thank you!!
Post a Comment