Friday, March 27, 2009

Four Weeks In

Today marks the end of the 4th week that I have been hitting the gym at least 4x. I feel great, I am lifting weights 3 of those days and at least 1 day I do an hour walk with Judy. I also walk Jack 6 out of 7 days. As of last Monday I have lost 8 pounds and 5 1/4 inches (3 of those in the tummy!) I have done an herbal detox (4Life) and have actually been taking vitamins. My sleep has improved thanks to drinking a cup of "Get So.me ZZZZZs" tea. I swear I fall asleep within 30 minutes of drinking that stuff and more importantly I am not waking up for a few hours every night. My diet consists of 4 meals a day, I try to stay in the 400 calorie range, with mainly lean meats and veggies. I am married to someone who likes a sweet in the evening and that is hard to resist. Thanks to the pre-sugars :-) we switched to sugar free ice cream, not bad. I am convinced of the MUFA role in my success. I read about it in the "Fl.at Bell.y Diet". Of course I would have liked to have seen greater progress but I realize I have made a successful change in my life. I actually like working out again. Give me a little Brittany and I can do an hour on the arch trainer!! I love Brittany!!

Peace Out

1 comment:

Brenna said...

YAY!! I am very proud of you. I am thinking about picking up the Flat Belly book.

Keep up the hard work and can't wait to see you in June! We are going to ROCK the beach :)