Monday, March 2, 2009

Books, Books and Books

As most of you know I am an avid reader. I love all (most) books. I love the beginning, middle and end. I would never dream of sneaking ahead, taking a peek. I belonged to one book club that met once a month. In the beginning it was great. Good books, good discussions. And then little by little the chick flick books began to enter in. I mean have you ever read "Brid.get Jones Diary" I mean come on people!! I could not even listen to that!! What was that point? And then, personal life discussions. We were there to discuss the book and ended up talking about so an so's dating life. It drove me nuts so I stopped going. Kinda of funny I still read most of the books they read. Now they are into the Twi.light series. UGH!!!!! Now to the real point of this post, Brenna & friends started an online book club, asked me to join. The 1st book is "The Guern.sey Literary and Potato Peel Pi.e Society" It is a collection of letters talking about the German occupation of Guernsey during the war. It is a good read. You want to know what happens to these people. The online meeting to discuss the book is tonight and I AM NOT DONE!!!! I cannot believe it. The first time ever (other then that BJD book) I left it too long, got all involved with scrapbooking last week, had company over the weekend. The weather delayed Raymond's flight so they were extended until tomorrow. Excuses, excuses.....no excuse
Peace Out

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you better finish that book woman.

Nice new layout btw.

Carey said...

isn't her layout nice?? :) She has 'people'

Ashley said...

So was our book discussion up to par?