You are in a small group of people and then it happens. The whispered conversations. The 2 and sometimes 3 people put their heads together for perhaps a word or two. And BAM!! All you can think about is what are they saying, of course you think "Why am I so unimportant and invisible they would do this to me?" Do they not realize you see them? Now chances are they are saying NOTHING about you. But your brain starts going. You start the mental inventory. I cannot stand this!! I find this so unforgivably rude it blows my mind. I try not to do this, if someone leans into me I will answer in a normal speaking voice. In a large noisy group you need to do the lean in and whisper but in a quiet small group. I think not. I believe sometimes people do this to show you (me) how important they think they are. Look at me I have a close friend that whispers to me. We have important things to discuss and frankly you are just not worthy. I try not to let this get to me. But it does. The easy solution is not to be around these people, but you like them. And of course that makes you wonder why. Why would you choose to be around whisperers? Why indeed?
Peace Out
1 comment:
I like this new direction... good to get stuff off your chest - good to put words down.
Post a Comment