Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wedding Heat

We are heading north next week to the much anticipated wedding of my nephew James to his girl, Jessie. It should be a fun and HOT affair. The ceremony will be held outside and from what I understand the reception will also be outside. This area of Virginia is having a very warm summer. I am hoping for a cold front dropping the temperature to about 80 degrees and not a drop of humidity. Now with both my older daughters having been married outdoors (and Erinn soon to be) this has gotten me thinking. Weather and how it affects us. Carey's wedding on Kauai was wonderful, the waves crashing on the shore, a delightful breeze, the ukulele sounds, the soft voice of the officiant was in direct contrast to the huddled shivering masses at sister Sheree's wedding on a different beach. I LOVE the gulf beaches, there are no prettier but damn it was cold that day. It was like hurry up and get it over with. We need to get out of this wind. Brenna's ceremony was outdoors facing the Tetons, a magnificent view. It was held on a warm summer day in Wyoming. While at times it was difficult to hear the words spoken just being in such surroundings really did not require any words. This was a magical place. Erinn's wedding is in December, a great month in Orlando. We have very little rain, the temps are in the high 70's and little humidity except for last year. Record rain and record low temps for the month of December. Yikes, this makes me nervous. We are using a huge chunk of the reception budget for a "just in case" tent. Good thing dancing warms you up. I have a feeling there will be lots of dancing at that one. :) So back to James's wedding as I am standing there glistening (thank you Elizabeth) I will think back to my own wedding in a church (what a novel concept), to the beach on Kauai, the Grand Tetons of Wyoming and remember how wonderful love is and that this is why we are standing here. (I will of course have a battery operated fan under my dress)

Peace Out

2 comments:

Sheree said...

let me know where you get the fan

Ashley said...

Dude! I got married in a church.