Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back from Austin






Erinn and I arrived home Thursday afternoon, it was stormy. We had a time getting out of Austin due to the weather in Houston. Upon arriving home we discovered a leak under the kitchen sink. It was a small one, I think the line to the ice maker broke. The first knob I turned stopped the leak. After cleaning out the cabinet I discovered black mold on the wood. I sprayed with bleach and got most of it off. When Randy gets back we will need to remove the wood and replace it. With all the rain, the cats decided not to go out on the lanai to their boxes and decided the kitchen rug would do and of course the bathroom rug. Out went the rugs. I am so over these cats that my daughters left behind!! Around 5:30 the power went out and stayed out until noon on Friday. I was so exhausted it did not matter until I woke the next morning to no coffee. Yikes! Yet another reason to be married, Randy would have had the coffee going on his old camp stove. Jack and I ventured out in the rain, drove to Aunt Sheree's house coffee in hand to make a pot. Two cups later and life was good. My neighbor called to let me know that an avocado tree fell on my fence but not to worry her Dad would take care of it. A storm would not be a storm without losing power and a tree falling on the Ryan's property. During a lull in the afternoon Erinn and I loaded up the cars for the final move to Gainesville. Sheree and Manny made the trip with us on Saturday. We unloaded in record time and were back in Longwood around 1pm. Of course Sears failed to deliver her bed and now it will not arrive until Monday. Another long story with the result the same, no bed.
We had a great time in Austin hanging with Brenna and Hunter. Hunter is a kick always on the move. It rained every day we were there so Brenna put us to work by repainting the den and kitchen. It looks awesome! (as long as you do not look too close :-) ) Hunter was a great help.
**Jack and I just got back from our walk and the ponds are full. In 14 years they have never been this high. The Duncan Park pond has merged with the one in Sweetwater and it continues with the back one. Unbelievable!! It is a good thing FEMA made us get flood insurance.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

by walking your back neighborhood you now know why you have to have flood insurance! :)