I just love the holiday season. I love Thanksgiving...this year I did feel for the first time a bit overwhelmed with all the food prep. My fault entirely by not delegating. I think we will change things up a bit in the future. For the last several years Thanksgiving weekend also means the beginning of the decorating for Christmas. I love getting my treasures out, the memories and the objects. This year I had the pleasure of having Hudson, Bennett & Kate help decorate the den tree (more on that in another post). Sunday, after the company left I got to play with my beautiful things. Now I have been downsizing and getting rid of the clutter except in this area. How do you downsize Christmas? So join me me on a holiday tour of my home.
The view from the front door

My elftster gift from last year (love)

The patio tree looking into the kitchen

It is amazing what a few balls will do

A new addition this year. fabric & twig reindeer

One of my all time favorites on the mantle, "a partridge in a pear tree"

My minitures

LOVE my dishes

We really must eat in here this season :)

a yoda mixed in with the snowmen (another of my favorite treasures)

a second peek

drop by and hang an ornament or two

perfection

What about you? Is decorating a chore or pleasure?
Peace Out
No comments:
Post a Comment