Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Love to Garden (well sort of)

Spring is in the air!!! Last week we planted a magnolia tree named Aunt Chloe. Yesterday Judy called to say Home Depot had the patriot red germaniums we both love!! In the past I have used several around the pool for that shock of color but have grown weary of the mess. We did score a few for the front entry. It was a good thing we got there when we did as Judy was on her second trip! I am thinking of adding hostas under Aunt Chloe. My other goal for the front is a fountain. Just this morning as I was being forced by Randy once again to watch HGTV, low and behold....a homemade fountain. All you need is a beautiful pot, some plastic recycles (water bottles, soda etc..), a plastic liner, rocks and a pump. Easy smeasy. So now on to the pot hunt. My azaleas have been looking pitiful but they are loaded with blooms. I am thinking by next weekend we will have a wow in the front yard. Now if only the neighbors would cut down the half dead tree. Speaking of dead, I recycled the blue flowering plant ( a victim of the harsh winter) around the mailbox and the corner of the house, hopefully it will take off. I find it hard to toss almost living things. We have treated the yard for the ever present dollar weed and are thankful we can now water 2x a week. The little bunny who comes to eat the clover under the azaleas hopefully will continue to visit when we have a weed free lawn. I love to garden (well sort of) Oh, whatever you do do NOT look at the backyard!

Peace Out

No comments: