Monday, April 20, 2009

Yard Work Weekend











What a great weekend here in Central Florida. The temp was around 80 with a nice breeze blowing. The humidity was down so what is it time for? Yard work!! I believe we are finally done in the front. We added a flowering plant and sod around the mailbox. We had been on the hunt for a dynamite red crepe myrtle for the side garden and found one on Saturday, yay!!! We also put up some Boston ferns hanging on the front porch. Then it was on to the back. We added weed guard behind the screen enclosure and 16 bags of mulch later we were finished. Randy planted some jalapeno plants and that area is done. For the patio this year I am doing grasses and herbs in the pots. I love the look of flowers but am tired of the mess. The next big project will be the much neglected side yard. So much to do; raking, weeding, wall building. Thank goodness Erinn is home for the summer. Speaking of Erinn, she popped in for a quick visit. Man she is messy! Good thing we love her.
Peace Out
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! Wanna come fix up our yard now?

Erinn E. Ryan said...

what do you mean I'm messy :(