Every year a group of us trek down to the museum and see the annual Festival of the Trees Exhibit . Some years are better then others. This year it was all about the toppers. No more just sticking the angel or star on the top. You must be more creative then that. I actually started this trend a few years back when the star (I had preferred an angel, the girls preferred the star) stopped working only days before the "big day". I have a sweet snowman that I perched on the top and a tradition was born. I love my snowman. I sometimes wrap lights around him. Two years ago I found some really cool ice branches and have incorporated them with the snowman. Well I am thinking this year lights and the ice branches. I cannot wait. I love to decorate for the holidays. Another great idea for those of you that have a Christmas Village, cut mountains out of styrofoam, spray an adhesive on it, a little glitter and snow and instant mountains! The gingerbread houses as always were stunning. They had a Harry Potter scene that was awesome. My all time favorite idea were the hanging reindeer heads. Pictured above are the aforementioned reindeer heads and the topper for Harry Potter featuring Dumbledore.
Peace Out
1 comment:
That's really cool. I would have LOVED to see all the decorations. I definitely inherited the 'love to decorate for the holidays' gene from you. I think I need a village and I know exactly the perfect spot!!
Post a Comment